Tuesday, January 3, 2012

4 Generation Decorating Frenzy

I recently got a Flip video and am just starting to explore it, I wish I had captured more of these moments, but this is a small snippet!
  Christmas Eve was at Vanessa and Matt's house. We had yummy Chicken Rice Burritos chips and salsa. After dinner I commented "We should just come over and decorate your walls for you one day." Haha. Matt says "What?" You need me to get out my power drill? Next thing I know Vanessa reappears from the garage with her arms full of pictures, shelves, wall decals, and a wreath, and lays them all on her ginormous footstool and says "Here ya go, do whatever you want!" A Decorators Dream! 
The next hour we spent deciding on groupings for walls, putting in our 2 cents...or 4, making Matt sweat, and having a BALL! Even Isabel placed a few wall decals.
Best Christmas Eve EVER. Vanessa thank you for letting us do whatever we wanted...I hope you like it!
What I learned:
1. We all love to create with what we have.
2. Doing something for someone else is more fun that doing it for yourself.
3.Family projects are the BEST!
4. They make a power drill that shines a light where you are drilling!



1 comment:

A Daughter of the King said...

The day after Christmas, Grandma looked at me and said, she could go to Vanessa's and play decorate with us any day of the week...she loved that night!!!!! And she was so impressed with Matt and his willingness to do all the man-work with his nifty tool. BTW I want a drill like that!!!!