Sunday, July 22, 2012

Versatile Macaroni Salad

I hated Tuna Mac Salad when I was growing up.
It was fishy and dry with little taste...sorry Mom,
but now I understand why she made it.
Its Fast, Easy and you can sneak veggies and a protein in. 
Last week she me she was making it for company and I was like "Yucky, don't do that to them!"
Mom made it anyway and I tried it and was shocked.
 I loved it! 16 years later, she has improved her technique!

There really is no recipe.
Pick out Pasta, cook and cool
Add Mayo, Miracle Whip, Sour Cream....one or all 3, if you'd like, I did.
Add Tuna (rinsed, this is key to non fishy taste or smell) or Chicken, maybe Salmon.
Add chopped Red Onion, green onion...we like onion
Add chopped celery, for crunch, you could add grapes, water chestnuts...anything really.
Lemon Pepper, salt and fresh pepper to taste.
Refrigerate, then add mayo again before serving.

Recently tested and approved by a 3, 9 and 11 year old. 


2 comments:

A Daughter of the King said...

Ha ha, Kelly. I remember when you were kids, I would feel very successful if I got 4 out of six to like what I was serving. ;-D

Rachel Lohrman said...

Yeah I hated this as a kid...but it was a texture thing. I'm not sure if I could do it or not now. Sounds good though!