Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Yard Saling Adventure

I came up with a brilliant (at the time) idea for mom and any available sister to all go yard sailing bright at early last Saturday morning and then blog it...NOT such brilliant idea at 5:30 AM...but whatever I got baby kins up and we headed to Rachel's house, after a quick trip to Circle K for some coffee and cash. I had several addresses written down (from craigslist) and the GPS. Unfortunately, I forgot the paper with the addresses!
 So Rach, mom, Elma and Isabel blindly piled into the Armada and set off to the one address I could remember from the list. The first neighborhood was a dud and all we did were drive- bys. After Mom said all the good stuff is gone by now (note: 7:35AM) I made up a new rule...all of us had buy at least 1 thing.
 We knew we hit the jack pot when we came across a gated neighborhood wide sale! There were at least 2 to 3 sales on every street, and we all found something.
 Sifting through a strangers belongings in the front yard while they stand there and watch you is such an old thing, not something I really enjoy but I do love a rock bottom price and the excitement of what I can transform my purchases into. Apparently this is called up-cycling, and I am adding it to my list of hobbies.
  Here are 2 of the items I am most excited about up-cycling. 1st a old pine liquor cabinet...cost $10. 2nd an old wooden window with the glass still intact...$4.



Who is up for another round on the 16th???

1 comment:

A Daughter of the King said...

I loved the upsailing trip too. My favorite item is the one I got for free from Rachel's back porch before we even left. My second favorite is the welcome sign for my chicken coop. I"m in for the next trip.