Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My growing garden and hens

Thanks to my Mom I have an awesomely planned garden with lots of veggies like Zucchini, Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Peas and Squash. Plus Herbs like Chives, Cilantro, and Parsley and some Sunflowers, Blueberries and a few other flowers.

April 11th
April 25th






I sold my family of Silkies. #1 I had a rooster, #2 they didn't like to be touched #3 they couldn't or wouldn't use the perch so they would have ended up laying eggs on the ground. So, thanks to Craigslist they found a new home and I found my new chickens. Yet again I packed up my toddler, picked up my animal selecting buddy...Mom, and headed out to Picture Rocks...down a long dirt road.
 I went with the intention of getting 4, and came home with 5... there's that chicken math again! This woman was getting out of Chickens due to a sad circumstance, not out of her own free will, she clearly loved all of them, her chickens were free range and came when called. She gave us lots of tips and sent us home with our new happy chicks.
 Here are my 11 week old Delawares and my 6 month old Buff Delaware, who was lovingly named Orange Blossom.



1 comment:

A Daughter of the King said...

I love the new background. I loved helping with the garden. I love the new chicks (never was good at math). I especially love Orange Blossom, wanna trade?